Preschool Class (3-4 Years) & Pre-K Class (4-5 Years)
The Pre-Kindergarten Program is funded by the Georgia State Lottery.
During the preschool/pre-kindergarten years, children are busy discovering the world through interaction with people and objects. They also are figuring out how it works and how to best use their rapidly emerging skills.
Language and newly acquired cognitive abilities enable them to question and explore new worlds through books, conversation, social interaction, and increasingly sophisticated play.
Our teachers carefully plan the environment and initiate projects to enrich the child’s capacity to learn.
Classroom learning centers are created to facilitate this process, and they include:
To provide structure and organization, centers are labeled using colors, symbols, and words.
Throughout the day, children have opportunities to make choices and to participate in small and large group activities.
A typical day for a preschooler may include:
- Spending time at the listening center
- Reading books with a teacher
- Investigating the world of bugs outside
- Acting as an architect and builder with blocks
- Group singing
- Cooking activities such as measuring and pouring
- Creating various imaginary worlds with their friends
See classroom pictures in the Photo Gallery.